Cleaning and Prevention
A preventive program is a cooperative effort by the patient, dentist, and dental staff to preserve the natural dentition and supporting structures by preventing the onset, progress, and recurrence of dental diseases and conditions. Preventing dental disease starts at home with good oral hygiene and a balanced diet. It is continued in the dental office by the efforts of your dentist and dental hygienist to promote, restore, and maintain your oral health. Prevention also includes regular dental exams, cleanings, and x-rays. Sealants and fluoride are also great preventive treatments that help protect the teeth. Prevention helps avoid serious and costly dental problems and is the key to having a healthy, confident, beautiful smile.
A comprehensive dental exam will be performed by your dentist at your initial dental visit. At regular check-up exams, your dentist and hygienist will perform the following:
- Examination of diagnostic X-rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening: the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with special dental instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations: Check current fillings, crowns, etc.
Professional Dental Cleaning
Professional dental cleanings (dental prophylaxis) are usually performed by Registered Dental Hygienists. Your cleaning appointment will include a dental exam and the following:
- Removal of calculus (tartar): Calculus is hardened plaque that has been left on the tooth for some time and is now firmly attached to the tooth surface. Calculus forms above and below the gum line and can only be removed with special dental instruments.
- Removal of plaque: Plaque is a sticky, almost invisible film that forms on the teeth. It is a growing colony of living bacteria, food debris, and saliva. The bacteria produce toxins (poisons) that inflame the gums. This inflammation is the start of periodontal disease!
- Teeth polishing: Remove stain and plaque that is not otherwise removed during tooth brushing and scaling.
MOST INSURANCES WELCOME AND MAXIMIZED!
NEW PATIENT SPECIALS & FINANCING OPTIONS AVAILABLE.
Contact us and schedule your visit today.
We Accept Most Dental Insurances
We’ll make the process of paying for your dental care as simple as possible! Our office accepts a wide variety of insurance plans, and we’re always happy to file your claim for you so that you can be sure to receive the maximum benefits available to you. Prime Dental – Sona Fisenkova, DDS is in network with Aetna, Always Care, Assurant, BlueCross BlueShield, Guardian, Geha, and more! Call us today to find out how we can maximize your insurance plan!
The Proof is in Our Patients
Specials & Offers
Take $100 off Zoom whitening treatment
Open Daily For Your Convenience!
Mon: 9:00 am – 7:00 pm
Tue: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Wed: 9:00 am – 7:00 pm
Thur: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Sat: 9:00 am – 2:00 pm (Every Other Saturday)